Holy Name of Jesus Parish welcomes all children and youth, baptized or not, to participate in the Children’s Faith Formation Program. The objectives of the program include:
- To help children develop positive self-concepts through increased awareness of their own special God given gifts and abilities.
- To help children develop positive concepts about family, friends, Parish and school.
- To help children learn about a loving and caring God by discovering and appreciating the world around them.
- To help children increase their awareness and appreciation of their primary senses as gifts from God.
- To help children develop Christian attitudes of sharing, taking turns, listening, helping, loving, thanking, and celebrating.
- To teach children about prayer and how to pray.
- To help children develop a friendship with Jesus.
- To introduce the children to the liturgical seasons and prepare for the religious celebrations of Christmas and Easter.
Classes begin mid-September of current year through May of next year. Parent Orientation will be held at 11:00am on the first day of class. Class schedules are –
Kindergarten, 1st – 6th Grade / Junior High Group / Confirmation Classes
Saturday, 10:00am – 12:00 noon, Pastoral Center
The youth group (7th grade and up) meets every 1st and 3rd Sunday after the 9:30am Mass.
All youth from 7th to 12th grade are invited to join the youth group for fun, fellowship and to learn more about the person of Jesus Christ and themselves.
Children / Youth with Disabilities
Catechesis is provided in regular or specialized sessions, particularly with regard to preparation for the sacraments. Please contact the Director of Religious Education regarding the special accommodation of your child/youth. The Archdiocesan Religious Education Office also provides classes and retreats for children with special needs. They can be contacted at 415-614-5650.