May 29, 2020
Dear Friends in Christ,
With the announcement of Mayor London Breed that church may open on June 15th, Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone has indicated that we are not opening churches this weekend for public masses.
Since June 15th is a Monday, we are looking at June 21st a Sunday, to open the church to the public. The opening of our church will be done by phase and that means on that day, there will only be one mass that people can come with the limited number not to exceed 100 on first come basis.
For now, masses will work as follows:
- We will offer only one public mass, the Sunday, 1130AM. This mass will be limited to 100 parishioners.
- The 9:30AM mass will continue to be live streamed.
- Daily online masses at 9AM will continue.
As we look forward to June 21st opening of our church, here are some important things you should consider:
- The dispensation to attend Sunday Mass will remain in place, and so those who fear becoming infected may remain at home in good conscience.
- Those who have cold or flu symptoms please do not go to church as a matter of courtesy to others. Even if you are coughing due to allergies, just stay at home. You don’t want to keep explaining to people and them staring at you when you cough.
- Be assured that we will do the necessary protocols in cleaning the church before and after the mass.
- If you choose to come to the 1130AM mass at the parish, here’s what you need to do and remember:
- Arrive at main entrance on 39th Ave to the church 30 minutes before 11:30AM—everyone will enter through the main entrance all other access into the parish will be closed.
- Please read the health posters that will be clearly visible at the entrance to the parish.
- Please bring and wear a mask throughout the service (communion excepted).
- Remember to use your own bathroom before coming to church, ours will be closed to the public.
- The mass will be 30-40 minutes.
- You cannot choose your own seating/pew. You will be directed by ushers to an appropriately distanced designated seating area. Families and couples can sit together in a designated seating area.
- “Please be mindful to not be late to mass. Mass will start promptly at 1130. Those who arrive late, for the safety of all, may be asked to return home.”
Let’s continue praying for a better world because I believe a new world will rise after this.
In the Most Holy Name of Jesus,